Time: 1Hr 5minutes
- 6 whole artichokes
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons CBD infused olive oil
- Soak artichokes in cold water for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the artichokes: Cut off stems of the artichokes with a sharp knife. Make sure the cut is straight so the artichoke will stand flat.
- Slice off ¼ inch straight from the top of each artichoke (the prickly part)
- Stand the artichoke upside down and push firmly on the stem side to slightly open the leaves making room to catch the stuffing. Using scissors, cut the tip of each leaf straight across.
- Squeeze half of the lemon juice inside the artichoke.
- In a large bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Fill each leaf with the stuffing until artichokes are well packed.
- Drizzle with CBD Infused olive oil then squeeze more lemon juice over the artichokes. Sprinkle with a little salt over the top and sides.
- Put artichokes standing up into a wide pot large enough to hold the artichokes. Add enough water to cover just to the top of the bottom row of leaves of the artichokes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt in the pot. Cover and let the water come to a boil. Lower the heat and let the artichokes simmer for 45 minutes or until leaves are tender. Serve warm